Friday, January 29, 2016

Respond to "Revising (Real-World Writers)"

 
 
The art of good writing requires revisions as discussed on the YouTube video "Revising (Real-World Writers). While some people worry about writing the first draft, it is important to put your thoughts on paper with the full expectation that you will revise them later. A central theme in the video was how crucial revising your work can be to the overall success of your writing. I found it interesting, however, to hear that not everyone approaches revisions the same. For example, Charles Johnson usually writes two or three drafts before he is done writing. David Guterson, on the other hand, rereads his writing and revises as he goes. I am still early into the process of becoming a good writer and do not know what style I will adopt. But I have learned the importance of doing revisions and will be sure to revise my work so that my writing can improve.



4 comments:

  1. I also revise as I go...for me writing is a long ongoing process. I do so much thinking about what I'm working on even when I'm not actually sitting down writing; the writing takes places in my head. Did you post the pictures of the typewriter and "written" work because you don't want to buy a new computer? Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think it's less painful today if you make a grammar or mechanical mistake compared to how it was in the typewriter times.
    I agree with your point, Jessica, that everybody has a particular way to do the writing/revising process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica :) I agree with your point that we are just in the early stage of becoming good writers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica :) I agree with your point that we are just in the early stage of becoming good writers.

    ReplyDelete